We offer cutting services of various materials in a variety of thicknesses:
BENEFITS OF Shearing
1. Provides ability to make straight line cuts on flat sheet stock
2. Cleaner cut
3. Straighter edge than traditional torch cutting.
4. Since shearing cuts without forming chips or burning or melting the material, the process works well with most softer metals.
5. Perhaps the biggest advantage of shearing is that it produces minimal or no kerf, with virtually no loss of material which equates to minimize waste.
6. Can cut relatively small lengths of material at a time because the shearing blades are able to be mounted at an angle. This reduces the overall shearing force needed for each project.
Band saw or circular cold saw for an application? A high-volume, high-production application likely would require a circular cold saw. If tolerance and finish were not critical, a less expensive band saw probably would have sufficed. Some things to keep in mind:
Choose a cold saw if:
Choose a band saw if:
Cold Saw Cutting Capabilities
Cold saws make clean, “burr-free” cuts. The most important difference between cold saws and band saws is the amount of burr on the cuts that they produce. A band saw gives good quality cuts, but can’t match the smoothness of results from a cold saw. If you choose a band saw, deburring is always required. Cold saws save time by making pristine cuts rarely require finishing, plus the cold saw blades are reusable and can be sharpened numerous times before disposal. Additional cold saw cutting capabilities include:
Band Saw Cutting Capabilities
Advantages for using a band saw include performing a uniform cutting action as a result of an evenly distributed tooth load. Additional band saw cutting capabilities include: